Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Email - 5/18/10


Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 8:17 AM

Well, bad news first, huh? My package still hasn´t come. Maybe it´ll get here this afternoon, but in all honesty, dunno. I´m a tad impatient about this, as I´ve yet to get any answers to my letters these days, too. Who knows, maybe the mail-men don´t like me too much, huh?

I´m sorry to hear you´re not doing so well. If it helps I´ve done lots of walking around town these days for you. It seems that, while I´m in Anapolis, there´s some sort of goal for me to accomplish here, in order to free myself from the city. So, in other words, we´ve gone exploring. We went to the very limits of Anapolis this week to give a blessing to a woman who lives there, we went all the way down town to the end of our area yesterday, and then the Bishop called us out walking all the way to the end of town again to visit a few families we´ll be taking to church this Sunday.

I find food very exciting given I´ve forgotten how to make just about everything. Plus money rarely allows, haha.



We have an Elder here in our district whose name is Webber, I wonder if he´s a relative? But it´s always good to have little get togethers. After all, what fun is it, being a member of the covenant people, if all we do is sit around in church on Sunday? We learned this last week that, after baptism, no one in this church is "american, brazilian, african, etc." but that we are all Latter-Day Saints, that our nation is the Kingdom of God, with a President, Pres. Monson, with Judges, and all the manner of organization God deems necessary.

Good to hear that you´ve been receiving and reading my letters. I know the news maybe isn´t all that new, but I´m trying to do my best, haha. I hope at least you´re all excited to get letters from Brazil, however tiny.

You can bet Matt´s in my prayers, and my hopes go with him. I´m sure things will go well sooner or later for him. Hopefully sooner. Back home is there a Church Job Resources system? We have one here in Brazil, and it´s an excellent resource. Maybe not the best way to find what he wants, but on the other hand, it helps find work.

All goes well down south for me. The Sisters in my group are going home. The end of next month Pres. Tobias goes home, and well, soon after everyone who is "my age" on the mission will be going home as well. This week we baptized Julie, Eliana´s cousin. We also went and played a bit in the waterfalls. I´m going to send home a few shots of our recent adventures here in Brazil.

Love you all, and take care!

-Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment