Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Email - 2/16/10

Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:39 AM
Subject: Re: Happy Valentine's Day

A week past Valentine´s Day? I don´t even know what day V-Day is any more. I just know that, as of Thursday last week, it´s Carnaval, and, well, yeah, there´s no one around. Almost every shop is closed. Rio de Janeiro, on the other hand, is one crazy party. I saw for about a minute on the TV how the holiday is going there and, yeah, you can bet that, if any missionary works during the day, he sure as heck doesn´t work at night.

MMM, snow . . . oh how I miss the snow. I´ll have to remember to grab a popsicle or something and chuck it at my companion, just to remember snowball fights.

Wow, the Culture party sounds like a lot of fun. I didn´t realize our ward was so full of people from around the world. Samoa, Australia, Liberia, Phillippines and Japan. Why didn´t Bro. Webster represent Brazil? Haha. You and dad should have danced, you have to do the things I´m not aloud to, didn´t you know?

At the moment, I miss milk so much I don´t care that they put these evil new jugs. Not that I´m not drinking milk, it´s just that milk here happens to be rather different. Brazil has millions of fruits, but just about 3 types of cheese, haha.

And now, for the interesting part.

One lovely Thursday Morning, that is, this very Thursday, I woke up, started getting ready, ironed my shirt and noted the telefone ringing. I thought to myself, "Gee, it must be the Zone Leaders." And grabbed the phone. I looked at the number and felt my blood freeze. Nope, I recognize this number, and it´s not the Zone Leaders.

"Good Morning Pres. Tobias!"

"Good Morning, Elder Barney. How are you, Elder?"

"I´m excellent."

"How´s the Garden (Jardim)? More Garden, or Desert?"

"Aaah, Let´s just say we´re still planting here."

"Elder, news for you. You´ve been transferred. Pack your bags, and head over to Jundiaí. Are you ready to be a Zone Leader, Elder?"

"Uh, sure?"

"Perfect. Let me talk to Elder Barbosa."

And well, since Thursday of last week I´ve been working here in Jundiaí, Anápolis, as a Zone Leader. My companion is Elder Dutra, who was Secretary Executive for 8 months here in the mission. So, I don´t really know if I´ll be leaving Anápolis or not this next Tuesday, but I also don´t mind much if I´m taken out of the city or not. Jundiaí is an excellent ward, and our new chapel will be dedicated this Sunday.

So, all´s well down here for me, burning in the sun, cooking and roasting, and loving every minute of it. Take care, stay happy, and take lots of fotos!

Love,

Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment