Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Another Email - 7/27/10

Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 12:50 PM

Well it´s good to know you´re working hard, huh? Saturday we built a park as part of the Helping Hands project. It was a lot of fun, though it sort of ate our day and work time to pieces. I´m looking at these shots and the shots from last week, and the only people I recognize are you, Br. Van Duyn, and Br. Palmer. I won´t even know anyone back home when I get their. I´ll have to do like Abraham, seek the fathers´ blessings, and then head off to a promised land, hahah.

Well I don´t know much about Enoch, our about Zion, but I know that on the Mission what´s mine is yours, MORE OR LESS. There are some things which remain absolutely mine and absolutely yours. For example. My bed. My garments. My scriptures. My clothes. My CDs. But Our food. Our room. Our ties. Our teaching supplies. Our baptisms. Our money. Our dishsoap. Our dirty dishes.

I also know that as a missionary, our vision is the following: As many people as come into Zion, the better. But as soon as they come into Zion, we´re going to do everything to make them feel like they never want to leave again. And as many people as leave Zion, we´re willing to do anything to make them come home again. Economics have never really been something to us, I guess. I suppose the vision my leaders are giving me is more of winning a war, and the one yours are giving you are more geared toward living a lifestyle.

At times I feel almost hypocritical. I want to bring souls to Christ so much I really come to hunger and thirst for it. It becomes almost a drug to me, to see people´s lives be saved, and the more I do it, the more I want. But other days I see members commit the greatest attrocity and abomination and insanity and apostasy in Zion that I´d love to be the first to grab them by the shirt and throw them out the front gate. But I dunno. It´s often been my nature to follow Christ in the hour he overturned all those tables in the temple, instead of when he said come unto me, ALL ye ends of the earth.

But on the Mission we often say one to another the following, in response to a "Elder, can I use this?" "Elder, you don´t even need to ask. Didn´t we make a covenant in the Temple to do this?" Many are the times I can remember that my mind has been pointed to the Temple. We ought always seek to live what we promised before God in His House.

It´s only fair to seek riches. Jacob said that you could. But Christ reminds us that before we seek after these things on this earth, we ought to seek His Kingdom. So for me, I´ll worry about money as a priority only AFTER I know, with all certainty, that my wife and I have been sealed by the Holy Spirit of Promise to exaltation for all eternity.

Gotta run, love lots,

Bryan.

PS.

Congrats on 30 years of marriage! Here´s to 30 times 30 times 30 more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment