Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Email - 7/20/10

Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 7:27 AM

Hi Mom!

Just a quick update this week! We had a june harvest festival this week and it was a lot of fun. The young men and young women of the ward practiced really hard their "Quadrilha" Or Square Dance. I took a bunch of videos, so we´ll have to see if they worked out well. We ate a lot of corn stuff which was really cool, too.

Sunday was the 50th anniversary of the Church in Goiania, and we had a big activity planned involving the whole of Goiania and Aparecida. We filled up the Stake Center downtown, and had a missionary choir that sang beautifully during various special parts of a story of one man´s conversion, ending with a film about Jesus Christ and the Atonement. It was so powerful that one of our investigators finally felt the spirit and last night she finally accepted to be baptized!

Today, actually as soon as I finish this e-mail, we´re gonna hike out to a waterfall on the edge of our area. It´s gonna rock hard core.

Sorry Mom, didn´t mean to make you feel bad. It´s just that there´s a lot to study. The Liahona, Jesus the Christ, The Bible, The Book of Mormon, Preach my Gospel etc, etc. I never manage to finish studying it all. But I love to study the scriptures now. I never liked it as much as I do today, and I´m sure the difficulty will come after the mission, when I can read everything.

Send a hi to the Elders back home. The new guys might see me when I get there, hahaha. If you want to ask about the calendar, you might ask them. Usually they know who is behind everything.

Actually, Elders know pretty much everything. Which is why it´s not good to ask them too much, so that they don´t accidentally gossip (which is the next deadliest sin after breaking the law of chastity.)

But my time has run out, and looking at that shot, I feel ancient. Sign me up for the AARP and I will SO use old people benefits everywhere.

MWHAHAHA.

Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment