Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Another Email - 8/10/10

Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 11:37 AM

Would you believe me if I told you that, even looking at that picture, I have no idea where you are? I guess it m ust make part of the Daffodil Parade, probably in Orting. But I dunno. OH NO THE GIRL AT THE COMP BESIDE ME IS TRYING TO SING IN ENGLISH. HAHAHAHAHA. IT B URNS MY EARS. ITS NIRVANA THAT SHE´S TRYING TO SING.

Sorry.

Would you believe me if I told you that I´v e been eating rice and beans for two years, and the only things I want to eat when I come home are mexican food or asian food, which contain rice and beans? Funny how, you change to the point where you can´t see past this. I dunno how I´ll live without Goianian food. There are so many things I have been eating here for so much time in my life that I don´t even know how I will be able to survive without Them. Guarana, Açai, Acerola, Maracuja, Churrasco, I canpt even begin to think about it, haha.

I´ve been thinking a lot these days about what I´d like to talk about when I get home. I forget, will be speaking the Sunday I come back, or only to the youth in November? Does the Bishopric have a request, or am I free to choose the topic? If free to choose the topic, I don´t know. I know that I´d love to talk a little about less-active members, and I´d like to talk about the Atonement, but whatever they want me to talk about, I can spin it my way, if they have some assignment or another.

We´re planning an activity here in our Ward, maybe on my Birthday, to have Fireside, and a baptism, with music, and singing, and it´s still rather vague, but we´ve been practicing the hymn already. We´re thinking on singing "Oh How Lovely Was the Morning" To the Tune of "Come Thou Fount" and "If You Could Hie to Kolob" In English and Portuguese. It´s really turning out pretty well I think.

There are days when I feel sort of tired, being a leader in the church. There are times when It´s taxing to have to help so many along, when it feels like a burden, because no one, not even myself, seems capable of doing the smallest things that I ask, or that the Lord requires of us. At times I look around me and feel like the whole boat is sinking and I haven´t the slightest idea how to make it stop. But I guess that is, in part the point. I´m not the one who will make it stop. Who makes it stop is the Lord, and I need to trust more in him, and be more worthy of His trust. Nevertheless, there are days when I wonder how The Prophet and the Apostles handle it all. Because it´s no easy thing, saving the souls of the children of men. It´s not easy to save, in or out of the church. Oh what I would give if I could just take some of the weight off my shoulders, but then, at times I don´t even know if I´ve faith enough to let the Lord shoulder my burdens. It´s funny. You can preach, preach, preach about how the atonement heals. You can use it to heal the lives of others. But when it comes time to heal your own life with it, that´s where the difficulty comes.

I suppose that maybe I´m just impatient, who knows?

Gotta split.

Love,

Bryan

PS

Had to take out R$ because I needed to clean my suit, and while it only cost some 23, the stupid bank machine only let me take out 50. But meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment