Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Another Email - 3/16/10

Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 8:39 AM

I don´t think I´ll be eating corned beef, though cabbage is a maybe. You never know what´ll go in a salad here, haha. As for the wearing of green, I think MAYBE I have a tie with green. I´ll try and wear that. I don´t think we´ll be having any festivities down here, as the Brazilian Elders wouldn´t get it. And, well, Wednesday we´ll have District Meeting, in which we´ll be pretty serious, as, well, we´ve got a lot of work to do in preparation for April. General Conference is coming, and we need to have things ready before that. We´ve got to find and baptize families.

On the mission it´s never been very hard for us to give service, nor to serve, but many times it´s hard for us to ask for or accept it because of our own pride. We fear that we seem weak, or maybe lazy, when we need to learn the Humility the Savior sought to teach his Apostles. As it says in the scriptures "The Son of Man came not to be served, but to serve." We have to learn to serve with all our heart, might, mind and strength if we´re to be found spotless at the last day.

It´s good to hear someone else is having a hard time adjusting to his new title. Megan´s all giddy about being an aunt, but I´m finding the whole uncle thing still a bit unreal, haha. But hey, I´m down here in Brazil, so I´ve plenty of time to warm up to the idea, haha. Hey, you realize that you´re officially Grampa Barney now? And that Grampa Barney is Great-Grampa? Wow. The world´s getting old now, huh?

I´ve got to write Mom now, so take care, okay?

Love,

Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment