Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Email - 3/16/10

Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 8:54 AM

Well, it´s a huge relief to know that everything went all right, huh? I worried and worried the whole week through, but it´s good to know that everyone made it out okay. This last week was a pretty busy week for me, haha. Monday I went to Goiânia, Tuesday I came back to Anápolis, Wednesday I found out also that my second companion in the field, Elder Owen, who went home this January, got married on the 5th, and on the 10th I became an Uncle. Friday we had conference with President Tobias, and Saturday we had a baptism.

Let´s see if I can´t have just as an adventurous week this week, huh?

Just two quick shout outs to the girls back home.

1) To Jess: Yes, I got the photo album, and we all found it rather funny here in Anápolis. And I got your letters. I´ll read them as soon as I leave the Lan House.

2) To Sharelle: Thank you for being an effective shield this week.
(Story: So yesterday I was walking on the highway when some ladies called us into their house to teach them. Nice ladies, all of them very attentive, all of them more interested than the normal person on the street. Sounds like they´ll pray, and like they´ll come to Church this Sunday. Just one little problem. When I opened the time up for questions, one asked:

"Why don´t you boys get married?"
"We´re missionaries, after these two years, we will."
"Ah, is that so? Then you can come back and marry me."
(Red alert! Quick, what´s better explain that no missionary can ever come back and marry a girl in the area he served, that you´re not interested because the lady is older than your sisters and not exactly too good looking, or lie and say you´re taken?)

"Sorry, I´ve got a girlfriend already."
"Really? Is she an american or a brasilian?"

(Well let´s see, which do I go for? I don´t have any photos of girls I know who are members of church who live in the states. I have only two pictures of girls my age on me: A Brasilian Sister who is friends with my CTM comps, and one of Sharelle. If I say she´s a brasilian, they´ll think my eyes are on the ladies from around here. If I say she´s from the states, well, what do I stand to lose?)

"American. Want to see a picture?"
"Sure."

And thus Sharelle has proved to be an excellent shield against the dreaded somewhat interested in you lady. I hope you don´t mind, but you DID say I could say this to people, and it WAS an emergency. Just don´t tell your boyfriend, or some 7 months from now I´m dead, haha.)

A huge thanks also, Mom, for sending me a shot of Grayson. Cute little guy. It´s still strange to think I´m his Uncle, but then again, I don´t think anyone really adapts immeadiately to the idea, right? But hey, I´m really happy for Katie, and I´m excited to meet my nephew when I come home. He´ll be a bouncy little toddler and everything.

I have to send off my report to Pres, now, so I´ve got to cut it short.

Love you lots, and take care!

Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment