Thursday, December 17, 2009

4th Email - 12/9/08

Note: Bryan asked me to correct any errors in this email before I posted it due to the cantankerousness of the keyboard/computer he was using.
--Mom

Well, I'll try and send the best email I can, but this week the computer is running slower than, I dunno, whatever, is really slow. Excuse my bad grammar, the machine is not making appropriate note of all of my keystrokes. This week has been pretty good, Elder Lewis got here from Provo with about a bazillion other visa delayed missionaries in tow. And this bad typing is going to drive me mad. I am 15 minutes into my allotted computer use time already and it is just starting. I will likely shout before the end.

Please correct the grammar of this before posting it. It is just shameful.

I received a letter from you, a Christmas card from Grampa, and also a major letter from my friends, so now I can write them, too! I also got a package from you, so now I have my white pants. It got here about the fifth.

We went to the Sao Paulo temple today. It looks small outside, but inside it is beautiful. Very much so. I think I may become one of those Mormons who wants to see the whole of temples before they kick the bucket.

Oh my gosh this keyboard is angering me. Our Brazilian roomies left today, so we are all sad about that, but excited to have a room to ourselves. I will kill this keyboard. ARGG. Anyway all is well. I am excited to go and proselyte this week, and now Elder Clark tells me one of my nametags went through the wash and was destroyed. Well, chipped. That's one of four. Ah, well.

I hear that Christmas will be very good here. I'm excited for this. And I will kill this keyboard! The internet was down in one store (**note: I am not sure what he meant here. It said "ste" and I'm assuming that's store), and here there is this. HONESTLY.

Anyway, I just noticed that there was a gift shop across the street from the CTM so I will look there for thimbles next week.

Santa Catarina, where my companions are going, is flooded. They asked us to include it in our fasts. Not you, obviously, since the handbook says not to ask folks back home to join you in fasts, but we, the missionaries were asked to fast about it.

I am so sorry about this email. It is absolutely terrible in every sense of the word. The caps lock keeps triggering, and of course, the stupid thing is only reading half my keystrokes, but I guess it's this barbaric and dying machine, and not the keyboard itself.

Anyway, I developed my film last week.. Most off it turned out well except there are two shots missing, and there are some pictures which aren't mine.

I hope you don't mind but I asked a few people via letter to have their parents send you some pictures they took with their digital cameras. Of course, I don..t know that they will, but that is the heads up.

The under armor is nice. The shorts are a tad tight, but I..ll fix that by working out, haha. Thank you for sending me the things I need.

I DO want Matt's camera. The moral of my story was that the film was esteemed not worth stealing by thieves. The digital would be very nice, though.

I am going to cut this one short. I thought I saw another email, and I need to squeeze all this in a small period of time. We have to get back and eat and change for the devotional, still.

Take care, and tell Katie I said Happy BIRTHDAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment