Sunday, December 27, 2009

Email - 3/31/09

From: Bryan Barney
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:06 AM

Well, where to begin? I have 9 minutes to write this, so maybe I will have more time later. Oops, so 8 now.

Elder Eliason has been transferred. I'm really going to miss him. I know we were only together for 3 months, but when you eat, sleep, work, play, cry, laugh, pray and walk with someone every minute of every day, you kinda get attached, especially when that person is responsible for you at the start.

He's off to Rio Verde, to be Zone Leader there, and I'll be in Tibery another 6 weeks at the least, with Elder Owen, another American. I'm excited to get to work with him, but things will certainly feel pretty different for a while.

The photograph you refer to contains an appliance called a Tunkine, or at least that's how I spell it. The Tunkine is essentially a basin which fills with water and then spins said water. The one you see is in a terrible state, and sparks when you plug it in. I thought it was worth a laugh to show it to you. We don't generally use it, and the Mission office says a washing machine is on it's way, but Elder Eliason says they've been saying that since the start of his time in Tibery.

I am under the impression that I will have the opportunity to watch every last session of General Conference this week. I don't know for sure, but I even think I get to watch one Live.

The two baptisms we had recently were Wmarley and Nicolli, a young couple with a 3 year old. They are very cool, and it was nothing short of a miracle that we met them.

Send my love to everyone back home, and let my friends know their packages have arrived. Quick shout out to Jess, Sharelle, Kelsey, Josh, and Lance.

Also somebody say hi to Grampa for me, and send my love to him. I don't think I will have a chance to write any letters.

Love,
Bryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment