Sunday, December 27, 2009

Email - 6/9/09

From: Bryan Barney
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 7:10 AM

Well, just a quick break down of the week, I guess. We didn't do a whole lot, because there were a slew of meetings and the what not this week, but my area seems to be the biggest ward I've been in since the start of my mission. Ironically, we have the smallest chapel since the start of my mission, too.

I got here last week, and I sent an e-mail Tuesday, so we'll pick up from Wednesday. I had my first District Meeting here, with some 22 Elders and Sisters in the District. The cause for this? This coming Monday, 13 missionaries are going home, and no one is arriving in the field. So the mission has become a bit smaller, and President joined these two zones together. No letters at the district meeting were received.

Thursday was Zone conference, where I had the chance to tell my old district I'd been transferred rather quickly. Zone conference, as always, was a lot of fun. We learned a lot, ate a lot, and had a chance to talk to other missionaries. As per usual, Pres. told the whole lot of us to repent and get back to work at the end of the day, haha. I found out that a letter did arrive for me, but in the wrong district, so I am still waiting for that.
Friday passed without worthwile note.

Saturday there was a ward activity, but Pres. expressly forbade all missionaries the zone-over to go to any type of parties or activities for more time than 1) to eat and 2) give a brief message. So we did. In the meantime we tried to teach a few lessons, but found no one worth mentioning.

Sunday we went to Church, where there was a member telling the assembled Priesthood that members specifically SHOULD NOT help the missionaries. In a ward with 4 missionaries, the member was swiftly put into his place with a number of citations of prophets both ancient and modern.

Monday was Monday, which unfortunately means very little happened, though not because I didn't want it to.

Which brings me to here. Today we'll have lunch, then I have to go to the City Center. I have an appointment with the Eye Doctor. At present nothing has been said about money, I just have to take enough to get their and back and a couple of papers with me.

We have to get going soon, so I just thought I'd make a quick call out to my friends: Kelsey, Jess, Sharelle, Josh and Lance, to send some kind of information this way. I think the last time I got a letter from them, it was April, so I'm a bit crazy for news. I will be writing some letters tonight, but sadly I can't vouch for when exactly I'll be sending them. This week is the last week of transfer, so I don.'t even really know where I will be next Tuesday. It sounds like the mission is on the verge of a big change, so I have to be ready for it.

Could somebody pass me Katie's e-mail? I haven't heard from her since I left home, so I thought I should pass an e-mail to her. At the least I ought to include her in these weekly newsletters, huh?

At present I'm still alive, I haven't died, and the work is continuing to go forth, whether it be at the pace I'd like it to our not is another story. I hope everyone is doing well back home.

And just to show how good my language skills are, I'm reading the Liahona for General Conference in Portuguese this month. I started last week, and I've read all the Sisters, Bishopric, and almost all the Seventies' talks.

I have to go now, but I love you all,

Bryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment