Sunday, December 27, 2009

Email - 6/2/09

From: Bryan Barney
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 8:15 AM

Well, a lot of strange things to report first, huh? As I told dad in an e-mail, I had my first Bible-Bash this week! It was sad to watch someone attack and attack and attack two young men and all they believed while the young men continued to behave themselves with more manners than the attacker deserved, beloved child of God or not.

After a hard week of work, every last one of our plans crumbled Saturday night and Sunday morning, leaving us more tired than anything. You work all week to get a baptism ready, just to have the members of the ward through it in your face in the end. "No Elders, you have to have a party and a cake and his family has to be there and his uncle has to perform the ordinance and the pope has to wear green socks that day and his cousin's wife also has to be baptized even if you've only seen her twice and the moon has to be full and way to go Elders, I can't believe you failed to do things that were our responsability!"

So I left Church Sunday feeling rather irked about the ward, given that the Relief Society President had not shown, nor bothered to create a new calender for lunch, leaving us indefinitely hungry, when, out of the blue, a member came chasing after us and invited us to his house for lunch. Normally I don't think much of this, but it helped change my attitude.

Sunday night we received a phone call. "Elder Barney, get your bags ready, you're being transferred." So, even though Transfer doesn't happen until 16th of June or something to that effect, I am now in a new area, called Jardim Curitiba, I think. It's all a bit confusing.

I don't know a Carlin Hill. But it must be cool, huh? Lord willing, Colin will get out soon, too, and Spanaway Ward will have 4 Elders serving, where once it passed years and years with none.

No comments:

Post a Comment