Sunday, December 27, 2009

Email - 11/3/09

From: Bryan Barney
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 9:08 AM
Subject: Re: Into November

Well, I tried to send a better e-mail, but it died.

Mail from the office gets to me during conference our councils. Since it´s about 1 conference per month/transfer, I will be receiving mail before the end of the month.

As for what I´d ask for for Christmas, the only things I really need are my French Book of Mormon, Church CDs, and new garments. Everything else can handle more or less on my own.

The Pão de Queijo you made looks to have turned out about right, which is great to know, because I always worried it was impossible to make back home, so I would have to bid it farewell.

I have to be more brief, because, well, the computer killed my last attempt, and I still have to send a report to Pres. Tobias. Speaking of which, if you have the photo of me with him and Sister, that´s the day I got into the field, and I myself would like that shot, too.

So, this Thursday I will have been in the field for a whole year! Not that I´m counting, but that´s a whole year without video games, normal clothing, mom´s cooking, english speakers, and american culture. Until now, however, it has still proven to be the best year of my whole life, so here´s to one more year! WOO!

Just a few quick notes to everybody, then I have to send my report.

Mom: I got a letter from you that has some photos of grapes. Did this become jelly? And if there are excesses in the food storage, feel free to send them my way, haha.

Dad: If I had a nickel for every time I saw someone say something totally off the wall because a pastor told them, I could buy the state of Goias. If I had a dime for every time this off the wall statement had to do with the Gift of Tongues, I could buy Brasilia, too.

Matt: I haven´t heard from you recently, but then I don´t know if I have written you, too. Let me know how you´re doing, and how everything is going up there in the frigid northern wastes of sunny southern California!

Megan: Could you send me a photo of you in your army uniform? Some people down here are having a hard time believing that you´re really a part of the army. (Funny side note. "Army" in Portuguese is "Exército," and "Lord of Hosts" in Portuguese is "Senhor dos Exércitos." Or, Lord of the Armies.)

Colin:REPENT! QUICKLY! (Dunno, just kidding around, haha.) Hey, it looks like you got a shiny new keyboard, judging from the camp-out photos. Are all these negócios seus taking up space in my room, or yours?

Grampa: The funny thing about being a Fisherman, or being a Fisher of Men, is that either way, you have some interesting stories about "The One that Got Away."

I have to go now. I need to send a report to President, and then I NEED to EAT. Lunch fell through yesterday (LOOONG STORY) and we haven´t properly stocked the house recently.

Love to everyone, I´ll try and write some letters soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment