Sunday, December 27, 2009

Email 5_12_09

From: Bryan Barney
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 11:34 AM

Well I'll send the best quick e-mail I can. Eventually I'll get an letter sent out from here, but well, I'm working hard to keep my expenses to an absolute minimum in a situation which is requiring me to spend more than I'd like.

Nevertheless and notwithstanding all afflictions, I can, as humbly as possible, now announce that the rumors about Brazilian Missions are true: My companionship has baptized 3 weeks in a row. Weekly (Or Semanalmente, for those who'd like to know) baptisms, with a fair chance that will be filling the font again this Saturday.

As I said Sunday, though I know not if Mom has made it know to the congregation, the Lord God has at last repaid me for years of being proud of my good eye sight. Today I spoke with Sister Tobias about seeing if my eyes are up to snuff. She has to send an e-mail to the area doctor, and then they'll let me know what's going on.

Elder Deivison, my first Brazilian companion, is a hard worker and good teacher, but he's not what you'd call very strict at keeping Mission Law. (Yes, he drinks the dreaded Coke.) Despite this, he's a good guy. Even though he's crazy.

It looks like my time has come to an end for this week. I had a lot to do, and still have a few papers to print. I don..t know how, but the system has changed a bit, and I have become somewhat responsible for the paperwork in my area.

Nevertheless, I love you all, and call you all to repentance (haha), until next time, huh?


-Bryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment