Sunday, December 27, 2009

Email - 12/8/09

From: Bryan Barney
Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 7:59 AM
Subject: Re: Merry December

Staying in one spot isn´t necessarily BAD, so much as you get this kinda Cabin Fever. You want to see more. You want to go somewhere else. The only time that staying somewhere is really bad is when the area itself isn´t so great. Which I know Pres. says is an apostasy, but I´m still of the opinion that not every ward or branch is as good to work in as every other.

Christmas is a big deal here. Doubt that it´s the same as back home, but it´s still a big deal. Not all food here is so bad. In this part of town it can be a bit bland, but generally it´s well seasoned. Salt, Garlic, Peppers, or Lime, usually these are the main seasonings. It´s been a long time since I had some thing which black pepper. But I´m not actually over worried yet. All ought to go well for us down here.

Brent´s actually doing something with his time then? Last I heard he was trying to get in the airforce. I never will understand why he didn´t go on his mission. It was so weird what happened that summer. He stopped going for his eagle and decided he didn´t want to be a missionary all in one go. Weird. Oh well, though, huh? What you gonna do? Just gotta love him. Let me know his address when you get the chance, I´ll try and write him.

Fashion Zombies aren´t even the worst threat down here. The problem, really, is that all women, from preschool to old-person home aged, super skinny to outrageously chubby, all wear the same short-cut clothing. To the point where you wonder if they don´t just make outfits one-size-sorta-fits-all. It´s ridiculous, and reminds me why the church has clothing standards.

Poor Elder Strange, he´s serving Missão Washington Spanaway. NO ESCAPE!!

It was good to receive so many photos this week. Let Colin know he needs to cut his hair though. HE´S SHAGGIER THAN CHINGU. I hope you´re all well. I´ll look into phone card´s still, I still have to hunt a good spot here to sit when I make the call.

Gotta split, love you all, until next week!

Love, Bryan,.

No comments:

Post a Comment