Sunday, December 27, 2009

Email 2/25/09

From: Bryan Barney
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 8:58 AM

Wait, it.'s not Summer? Huh. I couldn't tell, haha.

Not a whole lot to say about Carnavale, actually. This city, Uberlandia, happens to be what you might call the homely town. The wholesome folk stay home and the party animals all take off for another town. Well, I mean, there was some drinking and loud music, but not any more than any other day round these parts. This e-mail is a day late because Tuesday everywhere was utterly shut-down. Preparation Day was a very busy thing. NOT. Just went to the market and did our shopping. We're e-mailing today.

Tuesday I'll try and remember to write a letter home to send home my memory card. I haven't got the baptismal photos yet, but we'll get them to you, don't worry. They're really spiffy. I look pretty chic in white.

So here's a quick run-down of the week. Prices have gone up on e-mail, so it's now a little over a dollar US for an hour. In the park I saw two turtles, they are essentially rocks with heads. The same day we met someone named Rafael, someone named Leonardo, and someone else named Michael. All we lacked was a Donatello.

We made friends with some people outside of a small church. We were going to go into one, and be like Alma and Amulek, but it was basically just an old man talking really fast, an old lady sleeping, a woman muttering by the door, and an ex-investigator who gave us a nod. Not quite worth the time, haha.

Saw a giant moth. About the size of um, I dunno how to quantify it. It was about the size of an english Book of Mormon in length, and in width about the width of a nestle's crunch bar.

SPEAKING OF WHICH.
I bought a new type of cereal this week. Nestle Crunch Cereal. No idea how it tastes yet, haven't had a chance to eat breakfast since buying it. Cereal choices are basically frosted flakes and cocoa puffs in the sugar stuff, and corn flakes in the healthy.

That crazy dog. If it helps, I see a lot of strays and a lot of domestics who bust out. At least we try and keep our dog safely within the house, and he has a colar (all though he is spoiled and rarely wears it), people's fences here aren't always so great, and their chiuahas bust out pretty fast.

Has Colin made any effort on putting in his mission papers yet? Elder Eliason's brother arrived here recently, he's in the CTM, waiting to serve Rio de Janeiro. Colin has to put his papers in and serve a Brazil Mission too!!

Please send this e-mail along to Matt and Grampa if it doesn't get to them, I'm trying to figure this madness out, but it's not super easy for me, haha.

I'm glad you're enjoying Animal Crossing so much. I hope Carnavale there is a lot less like the "Festa de Carne" aqui. Which is to say, far less carnal.

I'm also glad to hear that work is progressing steadily on your office. Do you know if Colin's cleaned our room, though? Soon he'll practically have that whole half of the house to himself, so he should work a little more to keep it clean.

Since my Megan, Colin, and Katie are really busy and can't write me letters, can you let them know I can receive e-mails from all my family members?

Also, I hope Matt is okay, he hasn't e-mailed in two weeks. I understand if he's ill or busy, just want to know.

Well, out of time. Love you all, stay happy, stay busy.

Love, Bryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment